Registered Nurse, PRN For Community Pop-up Events
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting pop-up vaccination clinics and engaging in outreach activities to promote vaccination and public health initiatives. Your role will be crucial in contributing to the health and wellness of communities at a population health level.
- Assist in the planning, setup, and coordination of pop-up vaccination clinics in various community locations.
- Administer vaccines and follow established protocols to ensure safe and effective immunizations.
- Conduct pre-vaccination assessments, including medical history review and screening for contraindications.
- Provide post-vaccination monitoring and care for patients to ensure their well-being.
- Document all vaccine administration accurately and maintain proper records.
- Collaborate with the outreach team to promote vaccination awareness and public health initiatives.
- Participate in community events, health fairs, and educational programs to disseminate information on vaccinations.
- Engage with community members to address their concerns, answer questions, and provide accurate information about vaccinations.
- Establish strong relationships with local organizations, schools, and community leaders to foster support for vaccination efforts.
- Educate patients and their families on the importance of vaccinations and the benefits of immunization.
- Provide information on vaccine schedules, potential side effects, and how to manage adverse reactions appropriately.
- Offer guidance on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle practices.
- Adhere to all infection control protocols and safety guidelines during vaccination administration.
- Comply with state and federal regulations, nursing standards, and organizational policies.
- Maintain and update knowledge of vaccination guidelines and best practices.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Generate reports on vaccination rates, outreach efforts, and community engagement activities.
Decision Making - Uses sound judgment to make good decisions based on information gathered and analyzed. Consider all pertinent facts and alternatives before deciding on the most appropriate action. Commits to decision.
Teamwork/Collaboration - Interacts with people effectively. Able and willing to share and receive information. Co-operates within the group and across groups. Supports group decisions. Puts group goals ahead of own goals.
Work Standards - Sets and maintains high performance standards. Pays close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness. Shows concern for all aspects of the job. Follows up on work outputs.
Motivation - Displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Commits to putting in additional effort. Maintains high level of productivity. Self-directed.
Reliability - Takes personal responsibility for job performance. Completes work in a timely and consistent manner. Sticks to commitments.
Problem Solving - Analyzes problem by gathering and organizing all relevant information. Identifies cause and effect relationships. Comes up with appropriate solutions.
Adaptability - Adapts to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs. Able to effectively deal with change and diverse people.
Planning and Organizing - Plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Sets priorities. Schedules activities. Allocates and uses resources properly.
Communication - Expresses ideas effectively. Organizes and delivers information appropriately. Listens actively.
Integrity - Shares complete and accurate information. Maintains confidentiality. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures. Meets own commitments.
Initiative - Takes action to influence events. Generates ideas for improvement, takes advantage of opportunities, suggests innovations, does more than required.
Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the District of Columbia.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred, but an Associate Degree in Nursing will also be considered.
CPR/BLS certification is required.
Prior experience in vaccination administration, community outreach, or public health is an advantage.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage effectively with diverse populations.
Ability to stand for extended periods and move equipment as needed during vaccination clinics.
Lift and carry supplies and vaccination materials, as required.
Demonstrate physical stamina and mobility to conduct outreach activities.