As a parent, nothing is more important to you than the health and wellbeing of your child. So, when your child is ill, needs preventive care, or is required to receive a physical for school, camp, or a team sport, you want access to the best pediatric care available.
However, in the under-resourced communities of Washington, D.C., access to specialized child healthcare has often been difficult – until now.
The highly skilled and dedicated family nurse practitioners (FNPs) at Community Concierge Care (C3 Cares) not only provide convenient, quality healthcare to children as well as adults, but we also bring our medical services to you.
How Your Child Benefits From FNPs Pediatric Care
The FNPs of C3Cares are specially trained in diagnosing and treating common childhood illnesses and diseases, including but not limited to:
- Colds and flu
- Minor wounds
- Pink eye
- Respiratory infections
- Skin problems
- Sinus infections
- Sore throat, strep throat
With our goal of providing comprehensive care for the whole family, our FNPs provide children with the professional wellness exams and physicals they need to stay healthy and active. These include:
- Annual physicals, which help catch problems early and prevent any newly discovered health issues from becoming more serious. During an annual physical, our provider takes your child’s medical history and checks their vital signs – such as blood pressure, heart rate, and respiratory rate – before performing the exam.
- School physicals to ensure your child is healthy and up to date on their vaccinations. The physical includes measuring your child’s height, weight, and blood pressure, and listening to their heart and lungs. Our healthcare provider also checks your child’s vision and hearing. It may also involve some simple tests of coordination and flexibility. In addition, our provider will ask about any medical concerns or allergies your child may have.
- Camp physicals to ensure that your child is ready for a safe and enjoyable summer at camp. Similar to a regular physical exam, a camp physical reviews your child’s medical history, checks their height and weight to make sure they’re developing appropriately for their age, and asks about any allergies they may have, in addition to a basic exam that includes listening to your child’s heart and lungs and checking their vision and hearing.
- Sports physicals, which are a special type of exam designed to assess your child’s fitness for participation in a specific type of sport (e.g., baseball, soccer, football, basketball). The exam assesses your child’s musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and respiratory systems and also looks for any signs of injuries, such as sprains or strains, which can make certain activities difficult.
Our FNPs are qualified to provide more than just diagnosis and treatment of health issues and annual or school- or sports-required physical examinations. They can also:
- Administer necessary vaccinations and immunizations
- Monitor your child’s growth milestones
- Educate you about proper nutrition and your child’s fitness needs
- Answer any questions you may have regarding your child’s growth and development
We also serve the medical and emotional needs that teenage children face, such as their reproductive health, drugs, eating disorders, peer pressure, irregular periods, questions about sexual identity, and problems they may be dealing with at home or at school.
Family Nurse Practitioner in Washington, D.C.
In addition to our pediatric care services, C3 Cares’ medical providers can diagnose and treat many acute medical conditions and illnesses for your entire family. We can also help you or a loved one manage common chronic diseases to help avoid symptoms or more serious complications down the road.
If you are a Washington, D.C. resident, you can schedule a wellness exam by calling C3 Cares at (202) 888-6440, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer same-day appointments and clinical services at our on-site wellness hub and mobile pop-up locations at public housing complexes in Wards 5, 6, 7, and 8. We also offer after-hours telehealth visits for patients who are unable to see us during our daytime clinic hours. So, contact us today!