If there is one major issue that should concern all Americans, it’s that a significant number of people lack access to sufficient healthcare.
Achieving health equity – in which every person has the opportunity to attain their health potential – is a challenge, because many racial and ethnic minorities and people living in low-income households experience obstacles in accessing adequate primary care.
For its part, Community Concierge Care (C3 Cares) is dedicated to promoting health equity by providing convenient and accessible healthcare services to underserved communities in Washington, D.C. Among our vital services are:
- Wellness exams and physicals
- Chronic disease management
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD)testing
- Women’s health services
- Mobile nurse
Why We Care So Much About Health Equity
Here are seven reasons why C3 Cares believes promoting health equity is so important:
- Access to primary care heavily influences overall well-being, so it only stands to reason that everyone should have access to primary care. This way, everyone has the same opportunity to be as healthy as possible.
- Health equity helps provide access to factual health information that is easier for patients to understand and available in a variety of languages. A language or cultural barrier should never stop someone from accessing medical care.
- Health equity prioritizes chronic disease prevention and overall wellness. The greater the access to primary care, the better one’s quality of life, because illnesses and conditions can be prevented or diagnosed and treated early on.
- Access to primary and preventive care promotes a healthier society which, in turn, can help make healthcare costs more affordable for everyone. The goal of any reputable healthcare clinic, including C3 Cares, is to improve the health of the entire community.
- Healthy children can grow into productive adults and healthy adults boost workplace capacity and capability. This leads to a healthy, productive, and happy community, which we strive to create and support at C3 Cares.
- Health equity honors American values of caring for one another and providing equal opportunities for everyone, regardless of their background, identity, or financial situation.
- By providing convenient, reliable, and trustworthy healthcare services, C3 Cares endeavors to provide the best quality care to our patients and also hopes to restore faith in the U.S. healthcare system.
Accessible Healthcare Services for All in Washington, D.C.
At C3 Cares, we provide primary and preventive care services to adults and children. We also help patients manage common chronic conditions to help them avoid troublesome symptoms or more serious complications in the future. Our healthcare providers, led by board-certified Dr. Erin Athey, are highly trained, knowledgeable, and experienced. We are committed to teaching you about your conditions and informing you of resources that can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
We’re all about improving everyone’s ability to access healthcare, bringing our services to our patients on a regular basis so that they get reliable, quality medical care they can trust. C3 Cares offers same-day appointments and clinical services at our on-site wellness hub and at mobile pop-up locations at public housing complexes in Wards 5, 6, 7, and 8. We also offer after-hours telehealth visits for patients who are unable to see us during our daytime clinic hours.
So, don’t put off a doctor’s visit when C3 Cares is here to provide convenient healthcare in Washington, D.C. For more information or to schedule a visit, call C3 Cares today at (202) 888-6440 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.